B12-2000 Lozenges from Biotics Research are pleasant-tasting lozenges that supply high potency levels of Vitamins B12, folic acid and B6. B12-2000 Lozenges may be especially important for women who are, or who are wishing to become pregnant*.
A recent study has shown that in cobalamin (B12) deficiency, 2mg of cyanocobalamin administered orally on a daily basis was as effective as 1mg administered intramuscularly on a monthly basis and may be superior. Effective treatment of cobalamin deficiency with oral cobalamin published by The American Society of Hematology.
Vitamin B12 is essential for the formation of blood cells and for the proper function of the nervous system. Vitamin B12 malabsorption can occur as a result of any of the following:
- Insufficient intake
- Insufficient protein digestion in the stomach (essential to release vitamin B-12 from ingested foods.
- Insufficient production of intrinsic factor produced from the parietal cells following their destruction by autoimmune or infectious processes.
- Insufficient production of pancreatic enzymes.
- Inefficient absorption in the ileum due to diseases processes such as bacterial overgrowth, bowel disease such as Crohns disease, or surgical resection.
- Folic acid is necessary for the proper uptake and utilization of vitamin B12.